Sunday, February 17, 2013

The one and only felt collage-making kit

Today is my beloved's birthday. For each of my c-a-d parties my darling one installed an interactive sound collage using computer applications designed by Brian Eno. You see a shape, pull it onto the screen and that alters both the visual landscape and the sound loops. Last night I devised a special gift inspired by Eno's interactive sound apps: an oversized interactive collage. There is no sound involved, but there are a variety of pre-cut shapes to put on the blank background in ever-changing combinations.


I choose colors that match his office space because his work area could use a little decor. I see this simple game as an invitation for my betrothed and his workmates to step out of effort and into creative and collaborative play for a moment or two.

Below you see the natal celebrant facing the blank canvas for the first time.


And finally, the first collaborative work of play by T & G.
All in all, it was a nice way to start the day.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you dear Poptart! It can be very validating to imagine a thing and then manage to manifest it.

    ReplyDelete